Round up those goats and get ready for the 2017 NAPgA Rendezvous in fabulous Lake City, Colorado June 15 -18!
We’ll camp at Pike Snowden Meadow about five miles west of Lake City on the Henson Creek Road. Click on the thumbnails below to see pictures of the camping area.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please read these directions on HOW TO GET TO LAKE CITY AND SNOWDEN MEADOW!
– Trail service project on Alpine Gulch Trail
– Weather permitting, hike up Uncompahgre Peak
– Harness goat class by Nan Hassey
– Saturday potluck dinner
– NAPgA fundraiser store
– Potluck and music at the campfire
– Featured speakers, including John Mionczynski!!!
– Nearby creek access for goat water
– Plenty of tree shade
– 1-mile hike to Nellie Creek Falls
– Short drive to Lake City
– Two easy miles to work project trail
You will need to bring certified weed-free hay. If you need certified hay, please contact Nan Hassey by June 1st.
email: nanhassey at yahoo dot com
phone: 719-489-2732 (no text!)
Health certificates are required for all out-of-state goats. In the destination field, have your vet write “Camping 5 miles up Henson Creek Road (C.R. 20) at Nellie Creek intersection.”
The BLM is allowing us to camp in this location on the condition that we will keep the camping area clean and keep our goats contained. Goats in camp will need to be corralled or tethered and any leftover hay and bedding must be picked up every day. Goats must be kept where they can’t damage trees.
Stay tuned for more details as the Rendezvous approaches!